Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dagayla Jo Brown Publishes Her Christian Autobiography, Waiting on God

Born and raised in Columbus Ohio, Dagayla Jo Brown has been a Christian for over 30 years. In 2008 God revealed to her the gift of writing. She has been writing for three years now.

She aspires to be a well known Author, Inspirational & Motivational Speaker. She was brought up with very good standards, morals and self-respect. She was always taught to be kind to others and treat them with the utmost respect. She prays that her writings will help, encourage and inspire those that are having the same struggles that she has had in her lifetime.

She would like to give people hope that good things can come out of their trials and tribulations. She would also like to encourage the hurting, the lonely and those with low self-esteem. She wants them to know that if they will have faith, belief and trust in God, He will do the impossible in their lives. She states: "God is the head of my life. He is the first and foremost in all that I do. I have learned to trust and lean on Him for all of my needs."

Dagayla shares; "I love God with all my heart, my soul and my mind. I love and cherish this life that He has given me and all that it has to offer. I enjoy every moment and second that I live and breathe."

She also would like her readers to know; "I strive to think positive at all times. I make it a habit every morning when I awake; to first get on my knees in prayer; thanking God for the peaceful rest and another beautiful day. She quotes; “Today is going to be good day."

She lives by, "the power of positive thinking." This is the day that the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)

Tell us about the genre of your work. 

I write, Christian, spiritual, inspirational, devotional, self-help, uplifting and encouraging books that are good for the soul, mind, body and spirit. I feel that my previous struggles can help and assist those that might be going through the same thing. I believe our stories are best told once we have actually walked the difficult roads ourselves.

Why did you choose this genre?

I was going through a life-changing event at the time when God inspired me to share my experiences to help others deal with the same struggles.  The experience of writing while dealing with my own experiences brought healing and was self-therapeutic as well.

How is writing in the genre you write, different than other genre?

I feel it’s different, because when I write on a spiritual level, it digs deeps down to the soul and very core of a person. When you can release past pains, hurts, failures and disappointments; that is when you can face the pain that may have been hiding within you for years. I also believe that involving God in this kind of healing that can be very different from other genres because only He can heal those that are hurting from the inside out.  I discuss things others are not willing to face or talk about. When someone reads my book, I also believe that is when the healing will begin and they will be on the road to recovery. 

Can you tell us about your book.

My first Autobiography book was released last year titled “Waiting on God.”
Waiting on God can be a little frustrating, especially if you have set your own clock and timeframe as to when you want to get things done.  Understand that God will get things done in His own time.  God has taught Dagayla how to wait on Him through: Faith, Prayer and Supplication.

Title:Waiting on God
ISBN: 978-05780731-9
And where it can be found?
·       Rhema Christian Center, 2100 Agler Road, Columbus, Ohio

         Website: www.dagaylajo.com

When  was it published?

September 21, 2011

Can you give us a synopsis of this book/s?
My book is about learning from past lessons, spiritual guidance for self-healing, forgiveness and moving on toward your destiny with clear, heart, mind and soul. Allowing your faith, hope and love in God, to lead you down the right path in life.
Where do you get your ideas for writing?
I get my ideas from my very own life lessons.  I wanted to share all that I had gone through to help others with their own journeys. 

What is your favorite thing about your book?
My favorite thing is the scripture references that will not only help you, but teach you how to deal with issues on a spiritual level. Also, at the end of each chapter, I have a notes page. This will give each reader a chance to journal their thoughts as they read my book so that they can refer back to their notes as they deal with life issues.
Why and when did you begin writing?  Is there any one person who had a big influence on you or encouraged you to write? 
I began writing almost four years ago. No one had an influence on my writing.  I have to say it was God who laid it on my heart to write about my past and current experiences at the time. He helped me along the way. He gave me the words to say and how to say them.
What is your writing schedule?
 I usually write about an hour to three hours in the evening and sometimes if I cannot sleep, I get up in the middle of night or early morning to get my ideas and thoughts out.
What atmosphere do you need to write?  
 I need to write in a very peaceful and quiet atmosphere. I can write sitting on the floor, on my couch or in my bed as long as I am comfortable and can concentrate.
What projects are you working on now, or plan for the future?
I am currently working on another spiritual inspirational book, and a non-fiction novel as well. My plan is to write about seven more in next few years.
What kind of advice or tips to you have for someone who wants to write and be published?
If you have the desire to write, find time every single day even if it is only for a half hour. Just find some time. Every small paragraph will eventually become a chapter and very soon you will have a book ready for publishing.  Once completed, be sure to do your research on whether you want to use a publisher or self-publish your first one.
I self-published my first one and I can tell you, I just may do the same for my next one. I have enjoyed all the things that I have had to learn along the way and the experience I have gained. It is very easy, but you will need the dedication, focus, patience and drive to do so it your own.
Keep reaching for your dreams because anything is possible! Don’t stop believing in yourself.
Are there any other comments, advice or tips that you would give to beginning writers?
Whatever your fears are, please let them go because, that is the only thing holding you back. If have faith in God, fear cannot exist. We all have gifts inside of us that are waiting to be birthed and bought forth. Please use yours wisely.
What do you do when you are not writing?
When I am not writing, I am either reading, my Bible, a devotional or another book of interest. I also enjoy watching television at times; curled up on my couch in my warm fuzzy pajamas and a big bowl of popcorn.
Include anything else you may wish to add.
If you believe in God, put Him first in all that you do and trust him with all that you have, for He knows what is best for you.
If you don’t know Him, may I suggest that you seek Him for yourself, it will be the best decision you could ever make. He will change your life forever! God bless you!
What “Made It” moments have you experienced in life?
·       Strengthening my Christian walk and building a strong relationship with God by allowing Him to be the head of my life.

·       Believing and trusting in God and myself.
·       Self-Publishing my first book.

·       Surviving a life-changing event. By God’s grace I did not lose myself or my mind.

·       Learning to love me and my own company.





Note from Sylvia: You can visit my other blog at: http://love-faith-and-guts.blogspot.com/that features a preview to my new book, Traveling a Rocky Road with Love, Faith and Guts.


No comments: